Zein at Home: Warming Winter Milk Recipe
A healthy alternative to hot chocolate, your kids will love coming inside to enjoy this warming drink after playing outside on a cold winter’s day!
8oz milk of choice - whole milk or oat milk are best for frothing!
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare your milk by either:
- heating it gently in a stainless steel steamer cup or steamer appliance;
- using a blender or a handheld frother to create bubbles as you warm the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat till just beginning to bubble, or;
- using a latte machine/steamer, swirl the stainless steel cup at an angle for about 1-2 minutes until the milk is heated through. Continuously moving the cup in a steady, circular motion at this angle will help to get the milk nice and frothy.
- Pour into a mug and top with cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Stir with a spoon and enjoy!