The Maples (Bomenbuurt)
At the beginning of January 2017, we opened the doors of 'The Maples', our stunning, purpose-built location next to the European School. Located in the Bomenbuurt area of The Hague, on the edge of the Statenkwartier and Vogelwijk, this location is open to all children aged 4-12 years from the surrounding areas during the holidays.
The location, which features large floor to ceiling windows, has been styled and furnished to the highest standards, using the same homely approach as our other locations. There’s room for three out of school care groups, who also get to enjoy an additional shared workshop space that can be used for all types of activities. The site also offers a fully equipped natural playground of 500m2 to the younger children, whilst the older children receive access to the playground of the European School.
Click on the images to enlarge and view a photo gallery of the new facilities of The Maples, or scroll down for more information.
The Maples features:
- Purpose-build facilities for dedicated and exclusive childcare care use
- Natural playground of 500m2 with age appropriate areas
- Opportunity to participate in the school's co-curricular clubs
- Very high safety and hygiene standards
- Eco-friendly building
- Located on the campus of the European School of The Hague
- Freshly prepared healthy and nutritious meals and snacks
- Rustic club-house style furnishings with age appropriate furniture and equipment
- Self-service 'coffee corner' for parents
- Dedicated parents room with WIFI
and much more...
Located in the Bomenbuurt area of The Hague (on the edge of het Statenkwartier en de Vogelwijk), The Willows can be reached in the following ways:
There is streetparking available at The Maples, although it can understandably get busy during the peak drop off and pick up times of the school.
Located in the Bomenbuurt, this location lies in a bike-friendly area.
Bus 24: disembark at stop Houtrustbrug and you will have a 3 minute's walk to The Maples.
Tram 3: disembark at stop Conradkade and you will have a 9 minute's walk to The Maples.
Tram 11: disembark at stop Groothertoginnelaan (West) and you will have a 6 minute's walk to The Maples.
THE ADDRESS: Houtrustweg 2a 2566 HA Den Haag
We run holiday camps at The Maples from Monday - Friday from 08:00-18:30 during:
- All school holidays of The European School of The Hague (ESH)
- All additional ESH closure days (i.e. staff inset days)
- All school holidays of the Dutch Schools
The holidays of the European School are aligned with the holidays of Dutch schools. Our holiday camps at The Maples are open to children from all international & Dutch schools.
All Zein locations and services, including Holiday Camps, are closed on the official Dutch public holidays listed below:
New Year’s Day
Pentecost (Whit Monday)
For questions, please contact a member of our friendly team.
BY PHONE: +31 (0)70 200 2374
BY EMAIL: email@example.com
ADDRESS: Houtrustweg 2a 2566 HA Den Haag